Jackson Health CEO donates bonus to Women's Hospital
Jackson Health System CEO and president Carlos Migoya has donated his $160,000 bonus to support renovations of Jackson Women's Hospital. The money will go toward the $20 million fundraising goal for the project. Renovations are intended to "modernize" the hospital with upgrades including private suites for family visits. Migoya, who has been CEO since 2011, has a son who was born at Jackson 35 years ago. The boy weighed 1 pound at birth and was in severe medical danger.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'