Judge gives LI College Hospital another reprieve
A state judge has overturned the decision to close Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn. Justice Johnny Baynes says the Board of Trustees of SUNY -- which acquired the hospital in 2011 as part of the Downstate system -- violated open meeting laws. In his 10-page ruling, Baynes wrote that a crucial committee meeting had taken place behind closed doors to shield the purpose of the meetings from the general public.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data