Highmark reports $15.2 billion in revenue; net profits slide
Pittsburgh-based Highmark Inc. recorded more than $15 billion in 2012 revenues, but the company's net income slid last year and will continue to be weak in the years ahead, the health insurer's chief financial officer said Wednesday. In its annual financial update, the insurer also reported its base of policyholders remained stable, despite a bruising battle for customers with UPMC Health Plan, Aetna and other health insurers over the last few years. Even with rough waters ahead and behind, "Highmark had a very good year in 2012," said Nanette DeTurk, executive vice president and chief financial officer, in a telephone news conference.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion