UC Health, Anthem reach deal on new contract
Just days before a contract was set to expire, UC Health and Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield have reached an agreement that will keep the hospital system in the insurer's network of providers and keep thousands of area residents from having to search for a new physicians or paying higher costs for using UC Health's. The deal ends a months-long dispute that went public last month when both groups sent letters to about 14,000 Anthem members that had used UC Health facilities in the year. Neither UC Heath nor Anthem shared financial details about the final agreement on Saturday. The previous contract was set to expire on Monday.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions