Henry Ford's CEO: Proposed hospital merger was 3rd attempt
MACKINAC ISLAND — So how is Nancy Schlichting, CEO of Henry Ford Hospital System feeling, a week after the $6.6-billion mega-merger with the Beaumont health care system unraveled? Could the deal be revived? "You never say never," Schlichting told me in the lobby of the Grand Hotel while attending the Detroit Regional Chamber's annual Mackinac Policy Conference. "We've been through this before with them two other times — when Gail Warden was CEO and when Stan Nelson was CEO — so that goes back a long way," she said. "Sometimes timing is everything."
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program