Henry Ford's CEO: Proposed hospital merger was 3rd attempt
MACKINAC ISLAND — So how is Nancy Schlichting, CEO of Henry Ford Hospital System feeling, a week after the $6.6-billion mega-merger with the Beaumont health care system unraveled? Could the deal be revived? "You never say never," Schlichting told me in the lobby of the Grand Hotel while attending the Detroit Regional Chamber's annual Mackinac Policy Conference. "We've been through this before with them two other times — when Gail Warden was CEO and when Stan Nelson was CEO — so that goes back a long way," she said. "Sometimes timing is everything."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line