A look at $4.6M in Grand Rapids hospital CEO pay
The annual paychecks for the four men who lead Grand Rapids nonprofit hospitals total more than $4.6 million, but there is a wide variance in the amount each chief executive officer earns. At the top is Rick Breon, of Spectrum Health System, West Michigan's largest employer, which encompasses 1,327 beds in Grand Rapids, 10 hospitals and insurer Priority Health. He received $2.14 million in total compensation in 2011. At the other end of the spectrum is Kent Riddle, of Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, whose compensation totaled $390,000. Mary Free Bed is Grand Rapids' smallest hospital with 80 beds.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening