Cogent Healthcare supplier has security lapse
A security lapse by a vendor to Cogent Healthcare exposed the health information of 32,000 patients nationwide of doctors in physician groups managed by the hospitalist company. Brentwood, TN-based Cogent said it ended its relationship with M2ComSys, the vendor hired to transcribe care notes dictated by physicians. The lapse by the medical transcriptions firm left some of those notes, including protected patient health information stored on what was supposed to be a secured website, potentially publicly accessible from May 5 to June 24.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US