Garden City (NJ) chief of staff: Hospital is a 'tough business to be in'
A local Garden City Hospital administrator had much to say about the hospital's progress when he spoke to the Garden City Rotary Club Thursday. Dr. H. Rex Ruettinger, medical director, chief medical officer and chief of staff at Garden City Hospital, is also an internist. He started as a medical student and served his internship and residency there. About 1984, when he first started practicing, the hospital saw the influx of the HMO model which changed the way hospitals and doctors have done business. The government has also played its hand in hospital business.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs