Healthplanfinder glitches prevent WA Medicaid enrollees from renewing coverage
Washington residents hoping to sign up for new health-insurance coverage on Healthplanfinder are not the only people who have been affected by technical glitches on the website and the overloaded customer support center. People who are currently enrolled in Medicaid are also running into problems on Healthplanfinder when they try to renew their eligibility, which they are required to do once a year to maintain coverage. Normally, about 60,000 Medicaid recipients complete the renewal process each month, which involves reporting household monthly income and other personal information. But only about half that number renewed eligibility in November, the first month Medicaid recipients were supposed to use Healthplanfinder to recertify.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor