Healthcare tech leaders share New Year's resolutions
In 2014, healthcare technology leaders will be wishing, and working, for improvement in the healthcare system and the technologies to support it. I asked 10 CIOs and other health tech leaders for one or two pithy thoughts about what they would like to see in the new year. Here are their responses -- some as bullet points and others as longer prose -- via email, lightly edited: John Halamka, CIO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center: Halamka is one of the most prominent CIOs in all of healthcare and anoccasional contributor to InformationWeek Healthcare.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Open Payments Site Launches to User Complaints