It's hard to win in the hospital business
After six months of profits or small losses and after paying off most of its bills, you could say the Fulton County Hospital has been on a roll. But the Dec. 23 meeting of the hospital's Board of Governors may have left some members feeling that they just can't win. The latest cost report shows the hospital owes Medicare $353,000, partly because it has recently done so well financially. Bill Couch, the Medicare expert for Hughes, Welch and Milligan CPAs, presented the latest cost reports, showing whether the hospital was owed money from Medicare and Medicaid, or whether it owed them after months of submitting bills and receiving reimbursements.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US