BlueCross CEO Bill Gracey takes health care personally
From Bill Gracey's perspective, the tangled mess of health care seems like a surmountable problem. Gracey is CEO of BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, and his career has run the gamut. He has worked in psych wards, community hospitals, teaching hospitals, rural hospitals, doctors' practices and home health agencies. Before joining BlueCross in 2010, he held top executive positions at other major Nashville-area health care companies, such as HCA and LifePoint. He spoke with Tennessean reporter Shelley DuBois about his vision for the industry.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%