Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
Connecticut's largest health system and Tenet will remain independent of one another, but would work together to improve clinical services and coordinate care and referrals at four hospitals in the state.
CEO of Yale New Haven
Yale New Haven Health System announced Thursday that it has formed a partnership Tenet Healthcare Corporation. The move comes as the Dallas-based for-profit hospital chain expands its footprint in Connecticut. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Yale New Haven CEO Marna Borgstrom says the blue-chip system, which is the largest health system in the state, and Tenet will remain independent of one another, but would work together to improve clinical services and coordinate care and referrals at four hospitals in Connecticut that Tenet is acquiring.
Those hospitals are: Waterbury Hospital, a teaching hospital in Waterbury, CT, Bristol Hospital in Bristol, CT, and Eastern Connecticut Health Network, which includes two hospitals in Manchester and Rockville, CT.
"We and Tenet are in the process of trying to put this in place and keep these hospitals as strong as possible," Borgstrom said in a telephone interview. "We can help in these communities where the medical communities want this to supplement the clinical resources that they have had trouble replacing. It is about keeping the appropriate amount of care local. It is not about bringing it all down to the academic medical center because right now it is imperative on all of us to ensure that care is given in the lowest-cost appropriate setting."
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries