Slideshow: Cardio Services—Keeping Pace with the Pulse of Population Health
>>>View Intelligence Report Slideshow
Most health systems have historically relied on their cardiovascular service line for at least 20% of their revenue. Until recently, that revenue stream has been largely driven by volume; but now, times are changing and the industry is experiencing a paradigm shift from volume-based to value-based healthcare.
Operating margins for cardiovascular specialties remain strong, but many leaders anticipate changes and challenges to their revenue streams that could mean bottom-line pressure.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing