White House: 7.1 million have signed up under ACA
President Obama said Thursday that 7.1 million Americans have signed up for insurance under his new health care law, proving that "the Affordable Care Act is here to stay." "This law is doing what it's supposed to do — it's working," Obama said in a celebratory ceremony with supporters in the White House Rose Garden. Obama also denounced Republican attacks on the new system, claiming that "the debate over repealing this law is over." If the GOP continues to pursue to repeal, Obama said Republicans will have to explain to millions of newly insured Americans why they want to take away their policies.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus