$7 million 'hospital within a hospital' planned for Missouri Baptist
A Pennsylvania-based specialty group is seeking approval to operate its own "hospital" within Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Pending approval from state health regulators, the Pennsylvania group, Select Medical Corp., plans to add 38 long-term acute care (LTAC) beds to the fifth floor at Missouri Baptist, according to an application filed with the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee. LTAC beds are reserved for patients who are typically in the hospital for more than 30 days and in need of complex care due to medical issues such as respiratory and heart failure, severe infections, slow-healing wounds, post-surgery recovery or bladder and bowel impairments.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'