UPMC 'moves' Hillman for chemotherapy savings
The sign on the door says UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, but as of June 1, the Shadyside cancer treatment facility became an outpatient clinic of Oakland'sMagee-Womens Hospital. It's an accounting move that UPMC hopes will save the health network millions of dollars a year on therapeutic cancer drugs, because Magee is able to order those drugs at a special discount, thanks to a federal program. UPMC Passavant's cancer program, physically based in McCandless, is also being "transferred"-- in a paperwork sense, not a geographic one -- to Magee's stewardship, according to a UPMC spokeswoman.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions