40 million lacking in healthcare
Reuters/New York Times, December 4, 2007
More than 40 million people in the United States say they cannot afford adequate heathcare and go without drugs, eyeglasses or dental treatment, according to the annual report on the nation's health by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals