California accuses Blue Shield of illegal cancellations
Los Angeles Times, December 13, 2007
California's top insurance regulator has accused Blue Shield of 1,262 violations of claims-handling laws and regulations that resulted in more than 200 people losing their medical coverage. Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner is seeking a $12.6-million fine.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion