California accuses Blue Shield of illegal cancellations
Los Angeles Times, December 13, 2007
California's top insurance regulator has accused Blue Shield of 1,262 violations of claims-handling laws and regulations that resulted in more than 200 people losing their medical coverage. Insurance Commissioner Steve Poizner is seeking a $12.6-million fine.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013