California health reform passes first vote
Reuters/Yahoo News, December 18, 2007
California's Assembly has approved Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan for universal health insurance. The compromise legislation, which passed by a vote of 46 to 31, was hammered out by Schwarzenegger and Fabian Nunez, speaker of California's Democrat-led Assembly.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer