California health reform passes first vote
Reuters/Yahoo News, December 18, 2007
California's Assembly has approved Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's plan for universal health insurance. The compromise legislation, which passed by a vote of 46 to 31, was hammered out by Schwarzenegger and Fabian Nunez, speaker of California's Democrat-led Assembly.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts