Dems end the year without health victory
AP/Yahoo News, December 20, 2007
The House has temporarily extended the State Children's Health Insurance Program. The move hands Democratic leaders a disappointing end to their efforts to cover an additional 4 million children. The extension for SCHIP will provide states with enough money to cover those enrolled in the program through March 2009, but Democrats had demanded more for several months.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care