Gastric surgery puts obese patients at odds with insurance industry
Orlando Sentinel, January 2, 2008
The insurance industry says coverage for weight-loss surgery is not justified because of concerns about safety and long-term effectiveness. But advocates for the obese are blaming prejudice and outdated views of the risks involved.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts