Michigan governor supports proposed healthcare amendment
Detroit Free Press, January 8, 2008
Gov. Jennifer Granholm is backing a proposed constitutional amendment that would require the state to enact some form of universal healthcare for Michigan citizens. Sponsored by an array of labor unions, the AARP, and other civic and religious activists, the proposed amendment would require the state Legislature to provide "comprehensive and affordable" healthcare.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'