Commission seeks health coverage for more Iowa children
AP/Chicago Tribune, January 9, 2008
The Legislative Commission on Affordable Health Care has called for a $20 million expansion in health coverage for children of the working poor as a first step toward covering all Iowa children. Iowa Sen. Jack Hatch said the group's study would nudge Iowa toward universal health coverage, but he added the proposal offered no specifics on how to pay for it.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest