Commission seeks health coverage for more Iowa children
AP/Chicago Tribune, January 9, 2008
The Legislative Commission on Affordable Health Care has called for a $20 million expansion in health coverage for children of the working poor as a first step toward covering all Iowa children. Iowa Sen. Jack Hatch said the group's study would nudge Iowa toward universal health coverage, but he added the proposal offered no specifics on how to pay for it.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending