Blue Cross helps members see cost of healthcare
The Charlotte Observer, January 17, 2008
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina announced a plan that makes it possible for members to see the average prices the insurer pays for a wide range of prescription drugs and services online. Members will also be able to access the price breakdown for hundreds of services from annual physicals to heart surgery. It also provides average costs for care that can be provided on an inpatient basis or delivered at an outpatient location.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity