Blue Cross helps members see cost of healthcare
The Charlotte Observer, January 17, 2008
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina announced a plan that makes it possible for members to see the average prices the insurer pays for a wide range of prescription drugs and services online. Members will also be able to access the price breakdown for hundreds of services from annual physicals to heart surgery. It also provides average costs for care that can be provided on an inpatient basis or delivered at an outpatient location.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers