Blue Cross proposes fix for uninsured Americans
Reuters/Yahoo News, January 23, 2008
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association has presented a proposal to reduce the number of Americans without medical coverage, and is calling it a blueprint for U.S. policymakers. The plan would combine tax credits to encourage people to buy coverage with ideas to improve the quality of healthcare. The association has also proposed helping states find and enroll people who are eligible for existing public health insurance programs but are not using them.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care