Illinois-based Health Care Service’s new chief to retain private focus
Chicago Tribune, February 7, 2008
The incoming top executive at Health Care Service Corp. is committed to the Chicago-based health plan's longtime growth strategy of staying away from public markets. But some observers say an acquisition of or merger with another Blues plan might be necessary for Health Care Service tp provide more bargaining muscle when they negotiate payment rates with doctors and hospitals.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US