Illinois-based Health Care Service’s new chief to retain private focus
Chicago Tribune, February 7, 2008
The incoming top executive at Health Care Service Corp. is committed to the Chicago-based health plan's longtime growth strategy of staying away from public markets. But some observers say an acquisition of or merger with another Blues plan might be necessary for Health Care Service tp provide more bargaining muscle when they negotiate payment rates with doctors and hospitals.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013