Farewell to a time of plenty?
Cain Brothers, February 25, 2008
Could these be the best of times for health insurers? According to this report, yes, but there are a host of dark clouds on the horizon. Health plans are seeing limited future opportunities to consolidate, Medicare Advantage plans aren't likely to be as lucrative in the future, and building out in the individual market increasingly looks like a down-and-dirty way to grow.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns