Farewell to a time of plenty?
Cain Brothers, February 25, 2008
Could these be the best of times for health insurers? According to this report, yes, but there are a host of dark clouds on the horizon. Health plans are seeing limited future opportunities to consolidate, Medicare Advantage plans aren't likely to be as lucrative in the future, and building out in the individual market increasingly looks like a down-and-dirty way to grow.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- AHRQ: Surgical Admissions Bring 48% of Hospital Revenue
- HIMSS: Software Bugs, Shifting Alliances Unsettling for CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Hospitals Adapting Amid Continued Drug Shortages
- Steep Drop Seen in Medically Unnecessary C-Sections
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- As Allegations Swirl, Baylor Plano Rejects Baldrige Award