Farewell to a time of plenty?
Cain Brothers, February 25, 2008
Could these be the best of times for health insurers? According to this report, yes, but there are a host of dark clouds on the horizon. Health plans are seeing limited future opportunities to consolidate, Medicare Advantage plans aren't likely to be as lucrative in the future, and building out in the individual market increasingly looks like a down-and-dirty way to grow.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers