Iowa bill advances requiring kids’ health coverage
Des Moines Register, February 29, 2008
A plan for getting almost all Iowa children health insurance has moved a step closer to reality. Under the plan, about 36,000 children would qualify for free or subsidized health insurance, and the parents of another 12,000 would have to pay for the insurance on their own. Lawmakers removed a proposed requirement that all Iowa adults have health insurance as well.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus