Washington state insurance commissioner to call shots on rate increases
Seattle Post-Intelligencer, March 3, 2008
After eight years of unregulated insurance company control over health insurance cost increases, the Washington state Legislature has returned control of healthcare premium increases to the state insurance commissioner. A bill has granted the insurance commissioner oversight of rates in the individual policyholder market, which has been hit the hardest by insurance rate increases.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus