CIGNA extends Healthways contract
The Tennessean, March 6, 2008
Healthways Inc., a Nashville-based provider of disease management services, has announced that CIGNA has agreed to extend a contract under which the company provides disease management support for programs that serve more than 1.2 million CIGNA members. Through the programs, CIGNA enrollees that have chronic diseases and persistent conditions receive help managing their illnesses, avoiding unnecessary hospitalization, and slowing or stopping progression of their disease.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus