Florida Senate freezes Medicaid
St. Petersburg Times, March 7, 2008
The Florida Senate has approved a bill that would eliminate special automatic cost-of-living increases in payments to hospitals, nursing homes, county health departments and intermediate care facilities for the developmentally disabled. Critics say the move may discourage some institutions from taking Medicaid patients as well as diminish care for those who are served by it.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers