In Oregon, healthcare for the lucky
Los Angeles Times, March 11, 2008
In just 30 days since its announcement, 91,675 Oregonians have signed up for a chance at some openings in the state's healthcare plan. Winners of the "lottery" will receive a postcard notifying them that they can apply for the Oregon Health Plan. Budget limitations capped the Oregon Health Plan standard benefit package in mid-2004, but now the plan has room for a few thousand people.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically