In Oregon, healthcare for the lucky
Los Angeles Times, March 11, 2008
In just 30 days since its announcement, 91,675 Oregonians have signed up for a chance at some openings in the state's healthcare plan. Winners of the "lottery" will receive a postcard notifying them that they can apply for the Oregon Health Plan. Budget limitations capped the Oregon Health Plan standard benefit package in mid-2004, but now the plan has room for a few thousand people.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'