In Oregon, healthcare for the lucky
Los Angeles Times, March 11, 2008
In just 30 days since its announcement, 91,675 Oregonians have signed up for a chance at some openings in the state's healthcare plan. Winners of the "lottery" will receive a postcard notifying them that they can apply for the Oregon Health Plan. Budget limitations capped the Oregon Health Plan standard benefit package in mid-2004, but now the plan has room for a few thousand people.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?