750 uninsured Ohioans died unnecessarily in 2006, Families USA says
Cleveland Plain Dealer, March 19, 2008
Being uninsured can be a death sentence, with a national health organization estimating that 750 Ohioans died unnecessarily in 2006. The estimated total translates into two deaths a day in Ohio, according to Families USA, a national health advocacy organization that promotes affordable healthcare for all Americans.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care