Blue Cross to push wellness in plans
Chicago Tribune, March 20, 2008
The movement by employers and insurance companies to put employee wellness at the forefront of consumer health choices is getting a big boost by Blue Cross. Chicago-based Health Care Service Corp., which operates Blue Cross and Blue Shield health plans in Texas, New Mexico Oklahoma, and Illinois, has added the word "wellness" to the mission statements of its four health plans. The company has also embarked on a variety of wellness initiatives, including incorporating wellness programs in basic health benefit packages it sells.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers