Health insurers to meet with California agency on rescission probe
Los Angeles Times, March 26, 2008
California's largest health insurers will meet with regulators to discuss ongoing state enforcement efforts regarding possible fines and other penalties for the way insurers sometimes cancel policies after patients pile up medical bills. The Department of Managed Health Care plans to discuss the standards to which it is holding the insurers' practices, as well as remedies for problems identified in the probes of policy cancellations.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer