Health insurers to meet with California agency on rescission probe
Los Angeles Times, March 26, 2008
California's largest health insurers will meet with regulators to discuss ongoing state enforcement efforts regarding possible fines and other penalties for the way insurers sometimes cancel policies after patients pile up medical bills. The Department of Managed Health Care plans to discuss the standards to which it is holding the insurers' practices, as well as remedies for problems identified in the probes of policy cancellations.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream