Birmingham mayor to announce healthcare plan for uninsured children
Birmingham News, April 1, 2008
Birmingham, AL, Mayor Larry Langford will announce an initiative to provide healthcare coverage to 5,000 uninsured city schoolchildren. He said the city would contribute $150,000 a year and an unnamed foundation would match the money. Langford said government has an obligation to help close the gap for children without access to healthcare.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data