Birmingham mayor to announce healthcare plan for uninsured children
Birmingham News, April 1, 2008
Birmingham, AL, Mayor Larry Langford will announce an initiative to provide healthcare coverage to 5,000 uninsured city schoolchildren. He said the city would contribute $150,000 a year and an unnamed foundation would match the money. Langford said government has an obligation to help close the gap for children without access to healthcare.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts