Birmingham mayor to announce healthcare plan for uninsured children
Birmingham News, April 1, 2008
Birmingham, AL, Mayor Larry Langford will announce an initiative to provide healthcare coverage to 5,000 uninsured city schoolchildren. He said the city would contribute $150,000 a year and an unnamed foundation would match the money. Langford said government has an obligation to help close the gap for children without access to healthcare.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care