Birmingham mayor to announce healthcare plan for uninsured children
Birmingham News, April 1, 2008
Birmingham, AL, Mayor Larry Langford will announce an initiative to provide healthcare coverage to 5,000 uninsured city schoolchildren. He said the city would contribute $150,000 a year and an unnamed foundation would match the money. Langford said government has an obligation to help close the gap for children without access to healthcare.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law