Los Angeles city attorney sues health insurer for canceling coverage
Los Angeles' city attorney has sued Anthem Blue Cross, accusing the company of unlawfully canceling the coverage of thousands of California residents after they filed medical claims. The complaint says Anthem, its parent company, WellPoint Inc., and another subsidiary illegally revoked the policies of as many as 6,000 members and duped all 500,000 individual policyholders into thinking their coverage would help them if they got sick.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013