CIGNA to stop hospital reimbursements for medical mistakes
AP/Yahoo News, April 18, 2008
Health insurer Cigna Corp. has announced that as of Oct. 1, it will no longer reimburse hospitals for patient expenses resulting from medical mistakes. The new policy is consistent with and based on a similar policy outlined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said CIGNA representatives.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013