CIGNA to stop hospital reimbursements for medical mistakes
AP/Yahoo News, April 18, 2008
Health insurer Cigna Corp. has announced that as of Oct. 1, it will no longer reimburse hospitals for patient expenses resulting from medical mistakes. The new policy is consistent with and based on a similar policy outlined by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, said CIGNA representatives.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data