Aetna, CIGNA rank highest in efficiency
Aetna Inc. ranked first among more than 130 big health insurers in how quickly and accurately they reimburse doctors. The rankings were based on factors such as how long carriers take to pay bills, the percentage of claims they resolve after one submission, and their claim-denial rates. The annual ratings reflect a greater push toward performance measurements and transparency across the health sector. A 2007 survey of hospital executives and insurers found that administration and billing account for one of every $3 spent on healthcare in the United States.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans