Aetna, CIGNA rank highest in efficiency
Aetna Inc. ranked first among more than 130 big health insurers in how quickly and accurately they reimburse doctors. The rankings were based on factors such as how long carriers take to pay bills, the percentage of claims they resolve after one submission, and their claim-denial rates. The annual ratings reflect a greater push toward performance measurements and transparency across the health sector. A 2007 survey of hospital executives and insurers found that administration and billing account for one of every $3 spent on healthcare in the United States.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'