What can happen if Blues compete
Philadelphia Inquirer, June 9, 2008
When public hearings on the proposed merger of Pennsylvania's two largest health insurers begin, speakers opposed to the deal are sure to complain that a combination of Independence Blue Cross and Highmark Inc. would quash competition. In the Philadelphia marketplace, Independence Blue Cross dominates its competitors,but both it and Highmark say they need to get bigger to fend off national insurers such as Aetna Inc.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest