Private health plans targeted in Medicare bill
AP/Yahoo News, June 12, 2008
U.S. health insurers are targeted for billions in cuts in legislation that lawmakers will begin debating. Payments to health insurers which contract with the government Medicare program would be trimmed under competing plans offered by the top Democrat and Republican on the Senate Finance Committee. Lawmakers must pass a legislative fix by June 30, or doctors who treat Medicare patients will face a nearly 11% pay cut.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions