Pennsylvania insurers paying agency’s advisers
Philadelphia Inquirer, June 12, 2008
During a hearing on the proposed merger of Pennsylvania insurers Independence Blue Cross and Highmark Inc., the focus was instead all about how much the Insurance Department's consultants were being paid, and who was paying them. Independence Blue Cross and Highmark are not only paying for their own consultants, but are also footing the bill for the Pennsylvania Insurance Department's consultants. The Insurance Department will decide on the merger, which would create the largest health insurer in the state.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers