CalPERS panel OKs new health benefits premiums
San Francisco Chronicle, June 19, 2008
Members of the California Public Employees' Retirement System could see increases of 3.7% and 5.3% for health benefits premiums next year if they are covered by Blue Shield, but Kaiser Permanente's increases are expected to be significantly higher, at 8.2%. CalPERS' health committee approved the changes to its 2009 program, which covers 1.2 million members. CalPERS health benefits premium increases are closely watched because the giant state pension fund is considered a bellwether for overall trends in the health insurance market.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US