Consumer advocate sought for review of Pennsylvania health insurers' merger
Several consumer groups and a labor union that represents healthcare workers want the Pennsylvania to appoint an independent consumer advocate to help review the proposed merger of Independence Blue Cross and Highmark Inc. The groups say such an advocate would ensure that consumers' interests are represented. The groups made their request in a petition filed with acting Insurance Commissioner Joel Ario, but they would like Gov. Ed Rendell to make the appointment.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions