WellPoint employees rewarded for patient care
AP/Chicago Tribune, June 26, 2008
WellPoint Inc. employees earned a bump in their annual bonuses this year thanks to its Member Health Index program, which monitors care for the health insurer's patients. WellPoint met or surpassed most goals for improvement in the first year of the program that measures whether more members were receiving recommended care in 20 clinical areas. WellPoint set goals for each clinical area and then decided that the numbers it saw had to increase at least 5% toward those goals for their employees to earn a higher bonus. The company hit or surpassed that targeted increase in 17 of the 20 areas.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care