WellPoint employees rewarded for patient care
AP/Chicago Tribune, June 26, 2008
WellPoint Inc. employees earned a bump in their annual bonuses this year thanks to its Member Health Index program, which monitors care for the health insurer's patients. WellPoint met or surpassed most goals for improvement in the first year of the program that measures whether more members were receiving recommended care in 20 clinical areas. WellPoint set goals for each clinical area and then decided that the numbers it saw had to increase at least 5% toward those goals for their employees to earn a higher bonus. The company hit or surpassed that targeted increase in 17 of the 20 areas.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers