WellPoint employees rewarded for patient care
AP/Chicago Tribune, June 26, 2008
WellPoint Inc. employees earned a bump in their annual bonuses this year thanks to its Member Health Index program, which monitors care for the health insurer's patients. WellPoint met or surpassed most goals for improvement in the first year of the program that measures whether more members were receiving recommended care in 20 clinical areas. WellPoint set goals for each clinical area and then decided that the numbers it saw had to increase at least 5% toward those goals for their employees to earn a higher bonus. The company hit or surpassed that targeted increase in 17 of the 20 areas.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts