Benefits firms worry about two Pennsylvania insurers’ merger
Philadelphia Inquirer, July 1, 2008
Harry Kovar, chief executive officer of WellNet Healthcare Inc., is worried about the proposed merger between Pennsylvania health insurers Highmark Inc. and Independence Blue Cross. Kovar says he thinks the proposed merger, which would create Pennsylvania's largest health insurer, might well have the ability to push pharmacy-benefits management businesses like his right to the sidelines. Kovar will testify on the merger during the Pennsylvania Insurance Department's public hearings, and he will urge the department to forbid the companies from "bundling," even if it does allow the merger.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers