Blue Cross to disclose prices in Wisconsin
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield will begin disclosing the estimated cost of 39 common medical procedures and tests in southeastern Wisconsin. The information will be available on the health insurer's Web site, and will include such procedures and tests as mammography, colonoscopy, an MRI of the spine, and knee replacement surgery. Anthem Blue Cross will become the second health insurer in southeastern Wisconsin to disclose estimated prices. Humana Inc. began doing so for people in one of its health plans in early 2006.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital