Blue Cross to disclose prices in Wisconsin
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield will begin disclosing the estimated cost of 39 common medical procedures and tests in southeastern Wisconsin. The information will be available on the health insurer's Web site, and will include such procedures and tests as mammography, colonoscopy, an MRI of the spine, and knee replacement surgery. Anthem Blue Cross will become the second health insurer in southeastern Wisconsin to disclose estimated prices. Humana Inc. began doing so for people in one of its health plans in early 2006.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts