Los Angeles city attorney sues insurer over health policy cancellations
Los Angeles City Atty. Rocky Delgadillo has filed a lawsuit on behalf of the residents of Los Angeles against Blue Shield of California. The suit contends that Blue Shield has illegally canceled the coverage of more than 850 policyholders since 2002. Blue Shield spokesman Tom Epstein defended the cancellations, and called the suit "a cheap political stunt" that was "totally without merit." The suit is similar to those that Delgadillo filed earlier this year against insurers Anthem Blue Cross and Health Net. Like Blue Shield, those companies have denied wrongdoing and say they rescind coverage only when necessary.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors